Project Settings > Packaging >
> Localizations to Package
- Check what you need
> Internationalization Support
- Change to what you need (EFIGS for example)
Then, from blueprint use Set Current Culture (set to en, fr-FR, …) & Reopen the level !
- Caution : This won’t work in editor play mode ! Use Standalone or package build
- Non European character (Japanese, Chinese) won’t work straight forward using Text Render, but will within a Widget Blueprint.
Right click > Asset Localization > Create localized asset > your language
It will create a L10N directory and store your localized content. All languages must have the same hierarchy.
Then you can play your sound as usual (from your default language) it will select the appropriate one when set culture is called.
Use Text type (instead of string or name). Clic the arrow it will show you if it is Localizable
- Edit > Project Settings > Packaging > List of maps to include in a packaged build > Add your maps
- Edit > Editor Preferences > Experimental > check Localization Dashboard
- Window > Localization Dashboard >
> Gather Text
- Check Gather from Packages
- Include Path Wildcards : add Content/*
- Add New Culture
- Click on Gather Text & Compile Text
- To edit your translation : clic on Edit Translations for this culture (First Action, next to Word Count), clic over Untranslated tab
You don’t need to add your default language (the one used inside Asset folder) into the L10N folder (the translation folder)